- Each participating company must be a contracted ISC West 2014 exhibitor.
- The product or service entered in the New Product Showcase (NPS) program must have been released after April 10, 2013, and must be available for sale and shipment on or before April 3, 2014. A company representative must sign the Product/Service Availability by the entry deadline.
- If, after registering for the NPS, a company discovers that the product or service entered will not be available for sale and shipment by April 3, 2014, its representative is required to notify the Security Industry Association (SIA) as soon as possible. The company has the option of continuing to promote the product on the NPS website, in the on-site display at ISC West and in the NPS booklet (if prior to print deadline), but the product will not be eligible for any award. Failure to advise SIA that the product will not be available by April 3, 2014, may result in the company being disqualified from the 2014 NPS program and barred from future NPS programs for as many as 2 years.
- Presentations to the NPS judging panel will be made on Tuesday, April 2, 2014. Each participating company agrees to make a representative available for its presentation time, which will be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on that date.
- Only those companies with a signed Product/Service Availability Affidavit on file will be allowed to present to the judging panel.
- Only those entries that have been presented to the judging panel are eligible to win an award.
- The judges who volunteer for the NPS are skilled and experienced in security technology design and application. Their names may be found in the front of the NPS booklet distributed at ISC West. Before participating on a judging panel, each judge must sign a Code of Ethics.
- Representatives of companies participating in NPS agree not to discuss their entry with any judge prior to their presentation or during the time between their presentation and the NPS award ceremony.
- Presenters who fail to show up at the scheduled time may forfeit their time block to present their product to the judging panel. Every effort will be made to locate the presenter and reschedule the presentation, but no guarantees are made that an alternate presentation time will be available on that day.
- Presenters are allowed to bring up to 5 VIP guests to attend the presentation to judges. Guests may be colleagues, vendors or customers. Presenters should make arrangements in advance for their guests by contacting SIA.
- The criteria used by the judges to evaluate entries can be found on the NPS Scoresheet.
- Winning companies will, in addition to receiving an award, be sent an NPS logo for use in electronic and printed promotional materials. The logo will be sent via e-mail along with a guide to graphic standards within two weeks of the conclusion of ISC West.
- The presentation of an award to a product or service does not constitute endorsement of that product or service by the Security Industry Association or the New Product Showcase.
For more information about eligibility or the judging process, please contact Runjit Chandra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 804-4705.